Samsung Galaxy Ace offers Android 2.2 Froyo, officially up-gradable to Android 2.3.4 GingerBread. Here a few XDA developers stepped in to find a solution. There has been news to see development of an alternative way to load up Android 4.0 ICS on your Galaxy Ace via the MIUI 4 ROM.
- MIUI launcher and icons
- MIUI boot animation
- MIUI default wallpapers
- MIUI user interface
- MIUI apps such as Gallery, Music Player, and Camera
- MIUI clock widgets
- Enabled CRT Animation
- Lagfree v3 and Turboboost v8.5
- Speed and stability
- Android Market 3.4.4
- Full deodex
- Screenshot capture
- Grab the MIUY4 ROM (version 2) here (“MIUY4 v2.zip”, 89.59 MB).
- You will need to root your Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 and flash ClockworkMod Recovery on your device. Check out our rooting guide for your device.
- Pump up your phone’s battery to at least 60% or more.
- To prevent losing your phone data, create a backup before flashing the ROM.
- Disable system tools that will interfere in the installation process (e.g., firewall programs, antivirus software, and Samsung KIES).
- Connect your mobile phone to the PC.
- Copy the MIUY4 ROM to your Samsung Galaxy Ace’s SD card.
- Switch your device off and leave it untouched for about 10 seconds.
- Press and hold the Home button (middle key) and Power button simultaneously to boot the phone into ClockworkMod Recovery.
- Using the Volume keys, highlight “Wipe Data/Factory reset” and tap the Power button to select.
- Select “Wipe Cache Partition” and confirm the action on the next screen.
- From the main menu, go to “Advanced” and select “Wipe Dalvik Cache,” then confirm the action on the next screen.
- Go back to the main menu and select “Install zip from sdcard.”
- Select “choose zip from sdcard” and scroll down and locate the “MIUY4 v2.zip” file.
- Confirm your action by selecting “Yes” to begin flashing the ROM to your mobile phone.
- Reboot your phone.
Done! Have fun with this flash.