“We need four hugs a day for survival. Eight hugs a day for maintenance. Twelve a day, for growth.”
– Virginia Satir
No doubt I am having a healthy week, this!
Hugs are the best mood lifters. They have some healing power for sure!
There are roughly 14 types of hugs.
- The Bro Hug.
- The Happy Hug.
- The “calm down” hug.
- The pet hug.
- The “I care for you” hug.
The Grandma hug.
- The Best-friend hug.
- The Group Hug.
- The “This too shall pass” hug.
- The “I’ll be there for you” hug.
- The “I missed you” hug.
- The “I love you and I missed you so much” hug.
- The “I’ll never let you go” hug.
- The “Thanks for being there” hug.
Some days, there’s only one thing that will make it better. Those moments when you need to feel the power of an embrace. Hugs are like medicine in your arms. Heart to heart, the power of love, all entwined and engaged between the two.
Scientifically speaking (because that is the only way you “science bitches” will believe me)
- Hugs can instantly boost oxytocin levels, which heal feelings of loneliness, isolation, and anger.
- Holding a hug for an extended time lifts one’s serotonin levels, elevating mood and creating happiness.
Everyone needs a hug. Everyone. Trust me on that. You just need to open your arms and give one, or ask for one.
“You need money to pay the bills, and hugs to live.”